Tuesday, May 02, 2006

What the....?

At Raif's last Doctor's appt. he weighted in below the average 3% range (it's like dropping off the chart) So the doctor says that we should give him a bottle a day with formula+ milk and that I should wait until 6 months to start him on solids, breastfeeding as long as I could. Personally I started experimenting with my diet.

I cut all products that normally cause problems out of my diet and still had some fussy feedings SO I tried eating normally and didn't have a fussy feeding that entire day. One fussy feeding the next, anyway I starting to think that it may not be anything that I'm eating, except chocolate and gin:) (sorry Rob, Raif says he prefers the harder stuff: whiskey, vodka and breastmilk), I have been doing some research and there is something called dysphagia that has similar symptoms to reflux. Basically with dysphagia the baby doesn't swallow right and some liquid gets down their windpipe. (this could be why he's chronically cogested). They can do a MBS (modified barium swallow to see if that is what it is but we would do anything until we get to Idaho. Another reason I think this may be it is that some of the symptoms sounds like Dennis as a kid: refusal of the breast or bottle (his mom had to use honey to get him to nurse) and untreated it can lead to ear infections (which Dennis had all the time). His uncle (a Dentist) also noticed that Dennis didn't swallow correctly.

Anyway we're still working on things and Raif is as happy as can be (as long as he's not eatting) and we are slowly packing things up for the move. Congrads Alma and I hope to see more posted from you later.

1 Comments:

Blogger RobRoy said...

Angela, gin IS, the hard stuff.

Whiskey is for wimps, and vodka is for commies. You don't want him to grow up to be a pinko, do ya?

5/02/2006 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home